Stay in B & B Casa Olimpia Giarre (Catania). Offers Weekend Wellness Packages couples and families if you try B & B Hotels near Etna Land.
Last Minute June / July with prices for TOTAL 2 peopleLiving Room and breakfast 2 99 nights €, 3 nights 139 €, week 299 € | Romantic Package Wellness 90 € Couple with hydromassage shower room Romantic and [glass of sparkling wine + private sauna for two path] or [pizza dinner with appetizer and drink]Ask in WhatsApp 3294138813
The Sicily It is a land of history, literature, landscapes and good food and should aim much more & ugrave; on its peculiarities & agrave; and cultural beauty, naturalistic and gastronomic. In the last few years, although there is still much to do, some cities & agrave; Sicilian understood the enormous potentialities & agrave; the territory in which they are located and tried to start the tourism promotion programs. Among these cities & agrave;, we can definitely count
Riposto, that, with the recent creation of the "Porto dell 'Etna”, which is configured as the international marina pi & ugrave; largest of Sicily, you & egrave; move with vision and good will & agrave; to this the correct direction.
The port allows, every year, many visitors, especially in the summer season, to have a way more & ugrave; to reach the city & agrave; marinara and to appreciate the most ugrave & places; significant, such as the Mother Church, the Church of the Madonna of the Letter, the Town Hall, il Parco delle Kentie, Villa Comunale & ldquo; Edward Marsh & rdquo;, the seaside, the Church of the Badia, l & rsquo; Orphanage of & rsquo; Sorrows, the Church of Our Lady of Rosary, Palace Vigo, Towers Sighting, The Old Lighthouse, the Old Port and the New Port, l & rsquo; Institute Maritime & ldquo; Luigi Rizzo & rdquo;.
In quest & rsquo; article, I thought I would provide some information on Mother Church
Riposto, whose Ripostes are justly proud, Also for the beautiful architectural lines, that echo those of Roman basilica of St. John Lateran. The church stands on the main square of the city & agrave;, not far from great, and & egrave; dedicated to Saint Peter, protector of sailors and fishermen and, therefore, beloved patron of the city & agrave; seafaring.
Riposto: A Brief History of the building
Gi & agrave; at the end of 1700, the Ripostes asked Ferdinand IV, Her Majesty & agrave; the King of the Two Sicilies, to build their Mother Church. Perch & eacute; we memorize options happen, however, bisogn memorize options wait for the 22 August 1808, when Ferdinand I of Bourbon, King of Naples and Sicily, a suo Rescritto, esaud & igrave; requests of Ripostes, ordering the construction of the church. Cos & igrave;, in the same year, the deputation of the "village" of
Riposto, on the advice of the highest authorities & agrave; ecclesiastical, Reliable + memorize options an architect copyist, surely the Roman school, the task of drawing up the project concerning the construction of the church, on the model of Basilica of St. John Lateran in Rome. At the end of 1808, They began the construction work, characterized by a strong popular participation: all the sailors Ripostes devolved to the church the entire proceeds of their voyages and many people worked for free in the yard.
Riposto: The outside
The beautiful and harmonious facade the Mother Church of
Riposto & Egrave; Baroque, It has a built-in central bell tower and & egrave; It was built in white stone of Comiso.
The original design included a bell tower, that was never built, and nine statues, to be placed in the balustrade, that, to memorize options, for a long time, They were not realized. Only the 9 April 2010, indeed, They were placed, on the church frontispiece, five statues in white stone of Comiso, depicting St. John the Evangelist, Saint Peter, St. Paul, Sant & rsquo; Andrea & Ges e ugrave; Redentore.
The cupola, aerial and slender, It was built between 1856 and the 1862, on project of & rsquo; Catania architect Mario Di Stefano. It & egrave; high well 53 meters, It rests on a drum with eight lodges and & egrave; topped by a lantern.
L & rsquo; the Mother Church interior
Riposto & Egrave; a Latin cross with three naves.
in right aisle, compared to those who enter, They are:
- baptistery, shaped temple, gilded wood, nineteenth-century work of Matteo Salvatore, resting on a marble column;
- Above the baptistry, on the wall, the picture of Francesco Paolo Finocchiaro, depicting the & ldquo; The Baptism of Jesus & ugrave; & rdquo;, executed in 1892, nineteenth-century copy of the eponymous painting by Carlo Maratta (1625 - 1713), existing in the church of Santa Maria degli Angeli in Rome;
- A picture of the painter Giuseppe Zacco Catania (1786 - 1834), that date in 1818 and representing the & ldquo; Mass of St. Gregory & rdquo;, copy of & rsquo; namesake framework G. B. curd;
- L & rsquo; Immaculate Conception, with St. Francis de Sales and St. Francesco D & rsquo; Assisi, by Giuseppe Zacco;
- The Martyrdom of Saint Lucia di Vincenzo Pittacus;
- The Martyrdom of Saint Sebastian or, better, the preparation of martyrdom, given that no arrow can still be seen on the body of the Holy Martyr. The framework is dell'acese Antonio Bonaccorsi (1826 - 1897), It was completed in 1874 and he tells seniors that the artist painted it in the church, taking as models men of the place and representing them in the archers ready to shoot their arrows.
L’right apse, lavishly decorated and designed by & rsquo; architect Riposto Raffaele Leone, It contains the chapel of St. Peter, with the wooden statue of the saint, Effective Neapolitan sculpture 1884, characterized by vivid color expression.
The nave It contains the magnificent and impressive pulpit, a true architectural masterpiece. It is a & rsquo; notable work of & rsquo; Milanese architect Carlo Sada, that a be memorize options between 1849 and the 1924, commissioned by a generous philanthropist Riposto, the priest Don Francesco Granata Foti, whose name & egrave; tied to a popular charity work, still exists in
Riposto, ie l & rsquo; & ldquo; of & rsquo Orphanage; Sorrows & rdquo;.
L & rsquo; architect Sada, in designing the pulpit, s & rsquo; inspir memorize options the shape of the glass, that characterized a & rsquo; similar work, still present in the Cathedral of Messina and produced by the Tuscan Andrea Calamecca. For the accomplishment of this work, Carlo Sada enlisted the cooperation of numerous Florentine craftsmen, but also local, among which we can mention: Charles Garuglieri, teacher in "School of Fine Arts" of Catania; craftsman Riposto Rosario Thum, for the delicious wooden cherubs adorn the upper part of the pulpit, next to the Cross; artisans Ripostes Holy Pigeon and Salvatore Alessi, for decorative sculptures and figurines of angels that are located to the edges of the parapet; blacksmiths Francis Special to
Riposto and brothers from Heaven Acireale, for the & rsquo; aerial and slender ladder leading to the Cup.
L’central apse, with floor raised with respect to that of the nave, It contains the & rsquo; altar, decorated with precious marbles. L & rsquo; wooden organ, a cane, French, magnificent specimen of the & lsquo; 700, He was ordered by Archpriest John Ligresti organbuilder trans Jaquot Jeampierre of Rambervilles (Vosges), It was inaugurated in 1879 and it was restored in 1990 by artisan family Ruffatti of Padua.
in left aisle They are:
- L & rsquo; altar dedicated to the Holy Family, with a picture of the painter acese Francesco Mancini (1863 - 1948) And the wooden statue of St. Joseph, contemporary to that of St. Peter;
- L & rsquo; altar dedicated to Sant & rsquo; Anthony of Padua, with a statue of the saint;
- L & rsquo; altar of the Rosary, with a picture of Matthew Wish (Sciacca 1750 – Catania 1827), depicting the Madonna with St. Dominic and St. Catherine of Siena and realized in 1821. The painting is surrounded by fifteen squares ovals representing the mysteries of the Rosary;
- The painting by Giuseppe Zacco, depicting San Gaetano Thiene.
L’left apse It contains the Chapel of the Sacrament, with gilded coffered roof and, on & rsquo; altar, a ciborium in the form of a round temple, which it has eight Corinthian columns. Quest & rsquo; last & egrave; It was made by the sculptor Francesco De, with original gilding of Salvatore Di Matoro, and it was restored in 2004.
I would like to dedicate this & rsquo; article, with the & rsquo; wishes for a long, serene and happy life together, my dear friends, Fabio and Susanna, that, before long, tie the knot in this very beautiful church.